The UK government are encouraging small businesses to apply for a grant which would enable them to upgrade their broadband connectivity. This comes as part of the scheme to transform broadband across the country in the expectation that it will encourage businesses to invest in the UK markets.
The grant comes in voucher form and can be used to cover the costs of installing and maintaining better broadband connections. The grant is available to small businesses in 22 cities across the UK. To check if you are eligible for these vouchers you can visit https://www.connectionvouchers.co.uk/
As the UK government has stated the benefits to businesses can include:
- Growing and accessing new markets through better communication with customers and suppliers
- Increasing security through fast secure back-up of data
- Increasing productivity and improving customer service through faster upload and download speeds
- Reduce the costs of software and hardware by benefiting from the option of online applications and data storage
- Enhance the way you communicate and collaborate by accommodating colleagues, clients and partners on real-time video calls, and by sharing information on cloud-based software
- Businesses have until March 2015 to apply for the grant and you can apply or check eligibility through the broadband connection voucher website
We think this is a great opportunity for our clients to take advantage of. If you have any questions or need some advice on the matter please do not hesitate to contact the team at Portal.